Skip to main content

Ride or Die Beauty Products 2018


I love skincare. I just do. I find the whole process so relaxing--it's the perfect intro and outro to the day. So here I'd thought I'd share with you my ride or die beauty products. The products that if I had to pick one skincare regiment to use exclusively for the rest of my life, these would be them (plus some extras I obviously don't use everyday). 

***DISCLAIMER: EVERYONE'S SKIN IS DIFFERENT. YOUR SKIN MAY NOT LIKE THESE PRODUCTS. PLEASE USE CAUTION. THESE ARE JUST THE THINGS I'VE FOUND WORK FOR ME***

First is a facial brush which is a new addition to my routine. I've been wanting to incorporate this in for a while but they're all so expensive, but I found a simple one for about $7 at Target and that's the EcoTools Facial Brush. It's not fancy but it gets the job done and I've been enjoying using it. It suds up my cleanser so much better and my skin feels so much cleaner than just using my hands. This has definitely become a staple.

Second is my cleanser and that's the Biore Charcoal Cleanser. Charcoal has been very popular lately and I see why. You can feel you're pore open and it makes your skin feel AMAZING. I've also noticed a difference when I switch cleansers. My skin prefers this hands down.

Third is my toner and this I've been using for a long time but it took me forever to find one that I liked and that's the Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Rose Petal toner. It smells amazing. Not too floral in my opinion (but I also love roses so it could smell like a freaking rose bush and I would still say that so take it with a grain of salt) but it just makes my skin feel soft, moisturized and ready for moisturizer. It's incredible I love it. It's also fairly budget friendly, about $10 at Target.

Alright, I'm dropping the numbers lol. Next up is my day cream and that's the Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30. The thing I love about this line (I use the night cream as well) is it helps to correct uneven skin tone and makes my skin look better which makes me feel better. I'm not a huge makeup person so using creams that help to even unevenness is a bonus.

This I don't use everyday, but I use it every other day to everyday depending on how my skin feels and that's the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Skin Therapy Face Oil. This I'll use under my moisturizer (sometimes mixed in) but I find applying it first feel much better. The great thing about this is the Retinol which helps to resurface skin and helps with signs of aging (which the faster you get on top of that the better). This I believe was also budget friendly. I don't remember how much it was, I want to say $10-ish from Wal-Mart but I bought this over a year ago and I skill have half left. So it's definitely worth it in my opinion.


Now moving into body care. The first I want to mention is my body wash because I've never religiously bought the same kind before (I even recently tried a different brand just to step out of my box and it did not leave my skin feeling as soft as this so I will definitely not be straying in the future) and that's the Dove beauty bars. They're amazing. I love the Coconut & Jasmine scent. It smells amazing but the shea butter one is great too. My skin doesn't feel tight at all and it just feels clean and moisturized. I also love that the bar soap is cheaper (just remember to store it on a rack so it can dry properly and not accumulate bacteria. Solid soap dishes are not ideal storage). Something that kind of goes along these same line is using a wash cloth. I was so into loofas for so long but I ran out and kept forgetting to buy them and just started using wash cloths again and found I like them a lot better. Plus they're more sanitary as long as you don't reuse them.

Next up is lotion. I use the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Daily Skin Therapy as well as the intensive one that comes in the little tub. This makes my skin feel incredibly soft especially when I take a shower at night. I wake up  and my skin feels like I took a bath in lotion. I'm a little obsessive about lotion and use the tub and then the lotion on top of that and the combo is amazing. It also helps with scars and stretch marks which is always a plus.


Now I'll talk about things I don't use everyday. My number one face mask has to be the Que Bella Professional Repairing Charcoal Mud Mask. This is a little aggressive. This is definitely something I  only use when my skin is having a moment and really needs clearing out. The little sachet is like $3 and you definitely get at least 7 uses. Totally worth it. I put it on, let it dry and then I'll use my face brush and some water to get most of it off and then finish with a rinse with cool water and follow up with my toner and moisturizer. I always use my face oil with this because again this is no joke but it gets the job done when you're skin is hoarding crap like it's going out of style.

I've yet to find a shampoo and conditioner that I buy consistently (though I did get a sample of the Love, Beauty, and Planet Rose one and am waiting impatiently to run out so I can buy this because it left my hair so soft and so fragrant I was in love), but I have found a hair mask that I love and that's the SheaMoisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Treatment Masque w/ Marshmallow Root Extract and Cherimoya. My hair feels and smells amazing after using this. Not greasy at all and I definitely felt a difference in my hair after I washed it again (I don't wash my hair everyday but I thought that was still pretty impressive). It's one use for me but if you have short hair you'll definitely be able to squeeze out more than one. The packet is huge and only a few dollars at Target. Again don't forget everyone's hair texture and needs are different. My hair is fine and straight AF and prone to static so this works perfectly for me.


Last but most certainly not least (and one I have been using daily) is lip balm and this one I just recently got but I'm obsessed. It's the Aquaphor Lip Repair. My lips have been going through a dry spell that none of my lip balms have been able to keep up with but this is insane and I've been addicted to it. My lips feel soft and stay that way. I love it.

Ok! That was a post lol. Do you have any beauty favorites? Do you use any of these products? Did they work for you? Tell me what you think in the comments :)

Now, go wash your face, drink some water and do something you love.

Sincerely,
Cori





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another Reason to Watch "Timeless" Sundays @ 10/9c on NBC

Another late post but I swear it's the last one. I'm officially done with school and unemployed so until I get a job--this is my job *sweats nervously* so while I panic about my future let me give you another reason you should watch Timeless because it's awesome and the fandom needs to really show up these last episodes and get us a renewal because NBC will probably not save us again. So #Clockblockers do everything you can to bump the ratings. Scream it from the rooftops or we're toast. The Writers Know:   Ever since Jessica came back, let's face it, Wyatt has been acting like a little poo. That's right, a little poo. So poopy that I didn't even say "little shit". He's been such a douche that he has been elevated to poo status, and it has not gone unnoticed. There's been some pretty heavy Wyatt hate going around because he's been acting like a little poo. The only little poo that has feelings which was so incredibly annoying that y

2 Things That Will Motivate You To Get Stuff Done This Weekend

I don't know about you but I have a hard time getting motivated. If I'm going to get anything done I have to first hurdle over Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime to get there and let's face it--that is not easy task. But if you start slow you do eventually get somewhere. 1. A Podcast: Podcasts are great because they entertain your mind while you get on with other things, and once you're addicted to a podcast you find you don't want to just sit there and listen so you end up doing other stuff (like dishes and laundry). It's a nice boost if you're trying to get some things done because you're not stuck to watching something so you're free wander around and do what you need to do. If you like the supernatural and history I recommend Lore . I just finished all the available episodes and started over. It's amazing. There's also a show on Amazon Prime that's was renewed for a season two so look out for that too but that will suck you into Cou

How to Declutter in 3-ish Easy Steps!

Do you have more crap than any human person should be able to accumulate in one lifetime? I do! And if you're anything like me you constantly look at all this crap and wish it would all just go away--but when you actually go to get rid of it you suddenly have a deep emotional attachment to everything and you leave the endeavor disappointed to say the least. So after my closet declutter I have some tips and advice for all the budding hoarders out there to help us all avoid the embarrassing but seemingly inevitable moment where authorities have to bulldoze their way into our homes and physically remove us. Tip #1: Clear. Remove everything from the space. Everything. Even the stuff you know is going back. Get it out. This will help clear your mind and start deciding what you want and need for that space. Tip #2: Clean. This gives you more time to decide what you want but also helps to reset the space in your mind. This really makes me view it like I'm moving in again and star