Skip to main content

2 Things That Will Motivate You To Get Stuff Done This Weekend

I don't know about you but I have a hard time getting motivated. If I'm going to get anything done I have to first hurdle over Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime to get there and let's face it--that is not easy task. But if you start slow you do eventually get somewhere.

1. A Podcast: Podcasts are great because they entertain your mind while you get on with other things, and once you're addicted to a podcast you find you don't want to just sit there and listen so you end up doing other stuff (like dishes and laundry). It's a nice boost if you're trying to get some things done because you're not stuck to watching something so you're free wander around and do what you need to do.

If you like the supernatural and history I recommend Lore. I just finished all the available episodes and started over. It's amazing. There's also a show on Amazon Prime that's was renewed for a season two so look out for that too but that will suck you into Couchland so watch it as a reward lol.

2: A Book: Audio books work about the same as the podcasts do, but traditional books are good for me because I always reach a point where I have feelings about what is happening and have to stop and talk about it (I talk to myself, my cat, and dog mostly but hey), but while I'm sussing out my brain I have a lot of nervous energy and will start cleaning or doing something productive until I have calmed down enough to go back and start reading again. Plus reading is always good for you anyway.

I just finished The Broken Girls by Simone St. James. It's a murder mystery with an added supernatural element. I'm glad I read it though I have feelings so stay tuned.


These obviously aren't the only two things--these are just the things that I find the most enjoyable.

What things do you do or listen to get you motivated? Share and comment below.

Remember to be kind and drink water.

Sincerely,
Cori 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Reason to Watch "Timeless" Sundays @ 10/9c on NBC

Another late post but I swear it's the last one. I'm officially done with school and unemployed so until I get a job--this is my job *sweats nervously* so while I panic about my future let me give you another reason you should watch Timeless because it's awesome and the fandom needs to really show up these last episodes and get us a renewal because NBC will probably not save us again. So #Clockblockers do everything you can to bump the ratings. Scream it from the rooftops or we're toast. The Writers Know:   Ever since Jessica came back, let's face it, Wyatt has been acting like a little poo. That's right, a little poo. So poopy that I didn't even say "little shit". He's been such a douche that he has been elevated to poo status, and it has not gone unnoticed. There's been some pretty heavy Wyatt hate going around because he's been acting like a little poo. The only little poo that has feelings which was so incredibly annoying that y

How to Declutter in 3-ish Easy Steps!

Do you have more crap than any human person should be able to accumulate in one lifetime? I do! And if you're anything like me you constantly look at all this crap and wish it would all just go away--but when you actually go to get rid of it you suddenly have a deep emotional attachment to everything and you leave the endeavor disappointed to say the least. So after my closet declutter I have some tips and advice for all the budding hoarders out there to help us all avoid the embarrassing but seemingly inevitable moment where authorities have to bulldoze their way into our homes and physically remove us. Tip #1: Clear. Remove everything from the space. Everything. Even the stuff you know is going back. Get it out. This will help clear your mind and start deciding what you want and need for that space. Tip #2: Clean. This gives you more time to decide what you want but also helps to reset the space in your mind. This really makes me view it like I'm moving in again and star