Skip to main content

Another Reason to Watch "Timeless" Sundays @ 10/9c on NBC

Another late post but I swear it's the last one. I'm officially done with school and unemployed so until I get a job--this is my job *sweats nervously* so while I panic about my future let me give you another reason you should watch Timeless because it's awesome and the fandom needs to really show up these last episodes and get us a renewal because NBC will probably not save us again.

So #Clockblockers do everything you can to bump the ratings. Scream it from the rooftops or we're toast.

The Writers Know:  Ever since Jessica came back, let's face it, Wyatt has been acting like a little poo. That's right, a little poo. So poopy that I didn't even say "little shit". He's been such a douche that he has been elevated to poo status, and it has not gone unnoticed. There's been some pretty heavy Wyatt hate going around because he's been acting like a little poo. The only little poo that has feelings which was so incredibly annoying that you just wanted to reach through the TV and slap his cute little face because he was not the only one this was happening to.

Then last week Lucy called him out on it and everyone did a happy dance because she said exactly what we all were thinking and it was awesome. Which brings me to my point: the writers know. They were writing him that way because that was a completely understandable reaction for Wyatt given his background so they let him have it--and they let Lucy let him have it until it was getting in the way and they shut it down which was so refreshing. That never happens. She shut that down without much of a fuss. It was handled with so much maturity it just reminded me of why I love this show, and that's because they don't have any superfluous drama. There's no ultimatums or easily avoidable miscommunications because the characters talk about problems in realistic ways. Real people aren't completely communicative all the time, but they're not unreasonably uncommunicative either and I feel the writers so a very good job walking that line. They let Wyatt have his melodramatic crap and then told him to knock it off when it was getting in the way. I mean really Wyatt? You have the audacity to comment on her imagined one-nightstand? Even if she had slept with Flynn sweetie that is none of your goddamn business and you definitely don't get to tell her how she can and cannot save history.

And it's not only Lyatt. They do this with Riya too. Jiya's visions are scary and she and Rufus are just trying to figure it all out and find their footing in this weird new reality where premonitions are a thing, and no doubt shit got ugly there for a minute ("I'm not your dad" Rufus baby no just no babe) but they understood that it's a weird situations and they're both just trying to figure it out. They take impossible circumstances and make these characters handle them in such real ways it's one of the many reasons this show is amazing.

So please, just keep watching. The problems you see--they already saw them. They know, so just wait and see how they address it--because they will. Worrying about all the ways they could make the Jessica thing annoying and weird? Tune in because I bet you before they brought her back, they thought of that. Just see what they do because even if it's not what you thought, it will be fitting for the incredible show they give us every week.

Don't forget to live tweet and tag @NBC and if you can't watch live please watch for free on the NBC app. Everything helps. Watch. Rewatch. Tell your friends and help us #RenewTimeless. This show and this fandom deserve it.

Now go get some tea :)

Sincerely,
Cori


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review of "The Broken Girls" by Simone St. James

Let me start off by saying I'm sorry this post is late. It's the end of the semester and I'm terrible. I apologize, but allow me to make it up to you by reviewing a book :D ***SPOILERS BELOW: PLEASE READ THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU READ THIS POST. THIS WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED IF YOU'VE READ IT AS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EITHER AGREE WITH ME OR CALL ME A CRAZY LOON*** Let me start off by saying I am glad I read this book. It was worth it. It's an enjoyable and interesting story, with compelling characters. The whole world St. James created is a well loved one. You can feel the affection for the characters and it makes you love them all the more. That being said, I still had my issues. To set up the context of this review I will say that I'm a writer. So this is going to have more of a workshop feel to it than a traditional review. For those of you unfamiliar with workshops it's the offering of constructive criticism. You don't have to like it, but you have

How to Declutter in 3-ish Easy Steps!

Do you have more crap than any human person should be able to accumulate in one lifetime? I do! And if you're anything like me you constantly look at all this crap and wish it would all just go away--but when you actually go to get rid of it you suddenly have a deep emotional attachment to everything and you leave the endeavor disappointed to say the least. So after my closet declutter I have some tips and advice for all the budding hoarders out there to help us all avoid the embarrassing but seemingly inevitable moment where authorities have to bulldoze their way into our homes and physically remove us. Tip #1: Clear. Remove everything from the space. Everything. Even the stuff you know is going back. Get it out. This will help clear your mind and start deciding what you want and need for that space. Tip #2: Clean. This gives you more time to decide what you want but also helps to reset the space in your mind. This really makes me view it like I'm moving in again and star

The Four Things to Keep in Mind While Raising a Puppy

Raising a puppy is lot of work--and I mean--A LOT OF WORK. They're cute and all but no one ever tells you that they're basically the unholy union of an infant and a toddler (until now so you're welcome). They wake up early with more energy than should be legal, they confuse the carpet for grass and they teethe, leaving you looking as if you've gotten into a street fight with a badger. Yeah, that's right, a badger. It's a lot, but I can also tell you it's wonderful, rewarding and incredibly fun so I thought I would share my wisdom. I got my dog Jasper in May of 2017. He was 8 weeks old and I fell in love. He's almost a year old now, and I can happily say he's a happy, well-behaved pupper. ***DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A CERTIFIED DOG TRAINER. THESE ARE MY EXPERIENCES SPECIFIC TO MY DOG. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL*** These are the four main things I've learned to keep in mind while living with, and raising Jasper in order to harnes